The 34-hectare Khulisani Farm, situated in the KZN Midlands, was established to bring to life the theory taught in our academy.
- The farm is structured on a mixed farming model which includes:
- Organic hydroponic plant production
- Dairy herd with a dairy processing unit
- Free range chickens
- Horses and sheep
On the farm, learning is designed to meet the practical learning outcomes required by each qualification.
- A sample of the practical experience gained includes:
- Planting, harvesting, and packaging of fresh produce
- Milking, pasteurizing, production and packaging of dairy products
- Animal health
- General farm maintenance
The outputs of the farm ensure the sustainability of the farm and create enterprise development
opportunities for persons with a disability.